Austrian Habsburg infantryman
The infantry of the Habsburg Empire were deployed in numerous battles.
Habsburg, infantryman, imperial, soldier, Habsburg Empire, bayonet, military
- Which peace treaty put an end to the ´Long War´?
- Who was the initiator of the Holy League?
- In which year did the Ottoman army attempt for the last time to lay siege to Vienna?
- The siege of which town led to the creation of the Holy League?
- Who was the leader of the Kuruc movement?
- Who was Zrínyi Miklós´s tutor?
- How did Zrínyi Miklós die?
- In which year did Zrínyi Miklós´s armies burn down the Suleiman Bridge in Osijek?
- Who led the anti-Habsburg uprising of 1604–1606?
- Which of these was the ruler of Transylvania in the 17th century?
- The reign of which prince is called the Golden Age of Transylvania?
- Which peace treaty put an end to the uprising led by István Bocskai?
- What is the ´the Long War´ otherwise called?
- When was the Treaty of Zsitvatorok signed?
- Where did Prince Eugene of Savoy´s army defeat the Ottomans?
- In which year was the Peace of Karlowitz concluded?
The term ´kuruc´ denoted armed anti-Habsburg rebels (coming from various social classes) in Hungary in the 17th and 18th centuries.
István Bocskay created a successful army from former armed cattle herders in the 16th century.
The term ´hussar´ refers to a type of light cavalry which originated in Hungary and was the most popular in the 18th–19th centuries.
Follow John the Valiant on his quest described in Sándor Petőfi´s poem.
Napoleon Bonaparte´s Grande Armée was considered invincible.
Influenced by Western Europe, the Tsar attempted to modernize the Russian Empire.
The American Civil War was fought between the Confederacy and the Union.
The main participants in the battles of the Hungarian War of Independence were the Hungarian, the Imperial and the Russian soldiers.
Wolfgang von Kempelen´s best known invention.
Hans Christian Andersen´s legendary character comes to life in a diorama.