Types of soil (soil profiles)
This animation demonstrates different types of soil.
soil types, soil section, soil, rocky soils, hygroscopic soils, zonal soils, meadow soil, marshy soil, Saline soil profile, Sandy soil, skeletal soil, alluvial soil, Field soil, forest soil, Rust-brown soil, acidic soil, rendzina, fertility, soil particle, humus, soil formation, rock, pedosphere, Earth's crust, nutrient, soil-dwelling, fragmentation, vegetation, weathering, ecosystem, nature, geography
- Which of the following is a chemical property of soil?
- What material accumulates in the subsoil?
- Which of the following consists of rock detritus, minerals, organic matter, water, and air?
- Which horizon is dark in colour because of its humus content?
- Which of the following can be used to describe the structure of the soil?
- Which of the following is an organic material in the soil?
- Is it true that the structure of a good soil is solid?
- Is it true that a good soil contains lime?
- Is it true that soil is the uppermost layer of the Earth's crust?
- Which of the following is NOT a constituent of soil?
- Which of the following letters do not indicate a soil horizon?
- Which of the following is NOT converted into humus?
- Which of the following does NOT influence soil formation?
This animation demonstrates the types of soil found in Hungary.
This animation demonstrates the main sources of soil pollution.
Pollution is the detrimental effect of human activity on the natural environment.
One of the most common tree of the pine family, native to Eurasia.
The Earth is composed of several spherical layers.
Deforestation has a negative impact on the environment.
Combine harvesters are machines that harvest and thresh grain crops.
The layers of different types of forests may vary.
Atmospherical nitrogen is bound by bacteria and used by living organisms in the form of various compounds.
Farming techniques evolved with the development of human civilisation in the Middle Ages and the Modern Age.
This animation demonstrates how horse chestnut trees change throughout the seasons
This animation demonstrates the geographical regions of Hungary.