Persian monarch (5th century BC)
Ancient Persian monarchs were famous for the size of their empire and their wealth.
Persia, Persian Empire, Persian ruler, Darius, Darius III, Darius I, Old Persian, Xerxes, Cyrus II, ruler, king, autocracy, empire, royal insignia, antiquity, clothing, history, general
- Which Persian monarch created the military unit called Immortals?
- Which city had never been the capital of the Persian Empire?
- Who conquered the Persian Empire?
- What were the provinces of the Persian Empire called?
- When did the Persian Empire collapse?
- How many continents did the Persian Empire span across?
- What was the Persian monarch Darius I famous for?
- Find the odd one out!
- Which present-day country used to be called Persia?
- Which monarch founded\nthe Achaemenid Empire?
- What was not characteristic of the ancient Persian Empire?
- Which of these monarchs was not Persian?
- Which of these monarchs was Persian?
- Is it true that the Persians respected the languages and religions of the peoples they conquered?
- Is it true that in its heyday the Persian Empire extended to four continents?
- What was the largest extent of the Persian Empire?
- What was the administrative centre of the Persian Empire?
- Who were the leaders of the provinces of the Persian Empire?
- What were the satraps governing the provinces called?
- Is it true that there were secret agents in the ancient\nPersian Empire?
- Is it true that units of measure were standardised during the reign of Darius I?
- During the reign of which monarch did the Persian Empire reach the peak of its power?
- How many subject nations were there within the Persian Empire?
- What demonstrates well the power of ancient Persian monarchs?
- Is it true that Persians did not consider their monarchs holy persons?
- What did ancient Persian monarchs owe their legendary wealth to?
- According to ancient Persian beliefs how did their monarchs communicate with the gods?
Numerous legendary empires were built (and destroyed) in the course of history.
The excellent archers were feared members of the Persian army
The battle ended with the overwhelming victory of the Macedonian army over the Persian army led by Darius III.
The marathon running event was instituted in commemoration of the run of a Greek soldier after the Battle of Marathon, fought between the Athenian and the...
The Greek fleet owed their success to their good tactics and their fast and easily manoeuvrable ships.
The battle of the Greek-Persian War became famous for the heroic sacrifice of the Spartan soldiers.
A bireme is a type of ancient warship, with a characteristic pointed bow and two decks of oars, used by many armies.
Egyptian Pharaohs were respected as gods, they were lords of life and death.
The phalanx formation was a military formation of the Greek heavy infantry.
The army of Alexander the Great successfully deployed siege towers in its attacks against fortifications.
These tools, revolutionary even in their simplicity, are still in use today.
King Darius as well as Xerxes built pontoon bridges across the Bosphorus for the Persian army.
The battle, that is considered to be a tactical masterpiece, meant a decisive victory for Alexander the Great against Persia.
The Aztec Empire was a despotic, militaristic state ruled by the tlatoani.
The Byzantine Emperor was the head of the Byzantine Empire, the direct continuation of the Roman Empire.
The Emperor of the vast Far-Eastern empire was the lord of life and death.
The ancient city of Babylon was built on the banks of the Euphrates River in Mesopotamia.
The best-known piece of the Hungarian Crown Jewels is the Holy Crown.
The legendary ruler and military leader, Alexander the Great, established a vast empire.
Ancient Greek heavy infantryman.
Emperor Franz Joseph I and the beautiful Elisabeth got married in Vienna in 1854, but their marriage was unfortunately an unhappy one.