Ancient Egyptian deities
Ancient Egyptians worshipped a large number of gods and goddesses.
deities, Amun, Re, Thoth, Hathor, Anubis, Set, Sobek, Horus, hieroglyph, Sekhmet, mythology, Egypt, antiquity, god, religion, Sun god, pharaoh, legend, wall painting, Bast, church, polytheism, sanctuary, priests, victim, papyrus, history
- What is characteristic of Ancient Egyptian religion?
- Who was the deity of writing and science?
- Who was the deity of disorder and violence?
- Who was the deity of the sky?
- Which deity was the patron of cats?
- Who was the deity of beauty and love?
- Which deity was commonly depicted as a falcon?
- Which deity was commonly depicted as a crocodile?
- Which deity was commonly depicted as a cow?
- Which deity was commonly depicted as a man with the head of an ibis?
- Which deity was commonly depicted as a jackal?
- Who was the offspring of Isis and Osiris?
- After which deity was the first month of the Ancient Egyptian calendar named?
- Which deity was considered the patron of doctors?
- Egyptian rulers were the earthly representatives of which god?
- Whose Greek counterpart is Aphrodite?
- Which deity weighed the hearts of the deceased?
- Which city was Amun's most important cult centre?
- Which god was regarded as the father of the pharaohs?
- Which of the following deities is the oldest?
- Which deity was a Sun god?
- Sobek was depicted with the head of which animal?
- Anubis was depicted with the head of which animal?
- Horus was depicted with the head of which animal?
- Which deity was the god of mummification?
Egyptian Pharaohs were respected as gods, they were lords of life and death.
The Giza Necropolis is the only one of the Ancient wonders still intact.
The step pyramid, built in the 27th century BC, was the first pyramid in Egypt.
One of the greatest archaeological finds of the 20th century was the tomb of the Egyptian pharaoh.
Ancient Egypt was called the ‘gift of the Nile’, since the river played an important role in the rise of Egyptian civilisation.
An average Egyptian dwelling consisted of regularly arranged rooms.
The river and marine sailing boats of ancient Egypt were one-masted, oared boats
Inhabitants of ancient Egypt wore characteristic clothes and jewellery.
The Rosetta Stone helped to solve the mystery of hieroglyphics.
The outcome of one of the greatest battles in the history of the ancient East (fought by the Egyptians and Hittites) was indecisive.
Numerous legendary empires were built (and destroyed) in the course of history.
Pharaoh Thutmose III defeated the rebellious coalition of Canaanite vassal states led by the king of Kadesh.
The Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology were as diverse as humans.
The diameter of the Sun is about 109 times that of the Earth. Most of its mass consists of hydrogen.